Welcome to our city's recently enhanced website. Here, you will find information on Berne's elected officials, boards and city services, as well as many area links. To learn more about the history of Berne, click here.
2017 PAVING LIST STARTING June 19th-June 23rd.
1. Sherwayne Dr. from U.S 27 to newer pavement on Poplar St.
2. W Van Buren St. from Linn Grove Ave. to Shug St.
3. W Franklin St. from Linn Grove Ave. to Shug St.
4. Hilty St. from E Main St. to E Franklin St.
5. Hilty St. from E Franklin St. to Brown St.
6. Columbia St. from High St. to Center St.
7. Columbia St. from Buckeye St. to N Harrison St.
8. High St. from Sprunger St. to Baltimore St.
9. S Jefferson St. from Main St. to the City Garage
10. N Jefferson St. from Main St. to Water St.
All streets are to be milled and resurfaced. No construction work will be allowed during Swiss Days which is July 24th through July 29th.
Press Release 5/23/17
- City offices will be closed on Monday, May 29, 2017 in observance of Memorial Day.
- Trash pick-up for Monday and Tuesday will be on Tuesday, May 30th.
- The Compost site will be closed Monday.
- * When City offices are closed: to report a Water Leak or other city related problem after office hours, call the Adams County Sheriff’s Dept. 911 or (260) 724- 5345 and inform the dispatcher that it is not an urgent emergency, but you would like an officer to check on the situation. The officer will contact the appropriate department if necessary.
Click the bear to see the City of Berne information flyer
7/30/15 Online Bill Pay Has Arrived! Click the button below.