The Berne Park Board is a seven member volunteer citizen board appointed by the Mayor. Among the seven member board, one member will also serve on the Tree Board, one member shall be an officer of the South Adams Youth League and one member shall be a member of the Berne Council. The board meets no less than once a quarter or as needed. All meetings are open to the public.
The Park Board shall serve the Common Council in an advisory capacity. In its advisory capacity the Park Board may exercise the following powers and duties.
- To exercise general supervision of and recommend rules governing the use of Park and Recreational facilities by the public to the Common Council.
- To make recommendations and file an annual report to the Common Council concerning the operation of Park and Recreation Programs.
- To interview prospective custodians for Lehman Park and to recommend to the Common Council an appropriate contract for the custodian’s services.
To exercise any other powers and duties as authorized or directed by the Common
(ord.) 405, passed 4-26-93
Park Board Members for 2011
- Ron Dull - Council
- Kyle Velasco - SA Youth League Baseball
- Michael Yoder - General
- Amanda Patterson - Tree Board
- Matt Miller - General
- Becky Sprunger - General
- Doug Beall - General
Lehman Park Pavilion Rental information for 2011-2012
Rusty and Kristin Myers
(260) 849-4052 or (260) 849 3038, (updated 8-26-11)
Rental Fee Schedule for dates in 2011
$35.00 per half day during the week
$50.00 per half day on the weekend.
Rental Fee Schedule for dates in 2012
$50.00 per half day during the week
$75.00 per half day on the weekend
A deposit of $ 75.00 will be required starting in 2011 (link here for the contract)